2018 NSW Anti-bullying Strategy Conference EOI
Sydney Conference and Regional Workshops October-November 2018
Expressions of Interest to attend the NSW 2018 Anti-bullying Strategy Conference and Regional Workshops are now open.
These events will provide innovative programs, delivered by 18 national and international experts in preventing and responding effectively to student bullying behaviours. The programs will translate current research into effective evidence-based practice in schools.
The two-day conference will be held in Sydney (PDF 95.63KB) on Monday 29 – Tuesday 30 October.
Three regional workshops will be held in:
- Dubbo (PDF 85.66KB), Wednesday 31 October
- Wagga Wagga (PDF 125.64KB), Wednesday 31 October
- Ballina (PDF 118KB), Friday 2 November.
Key themes for these events include:
- whole-school interventions to promote positive social behaviours and prevent bullying behaviours
- early interventions to identify and support at-risk students and situations
- strategies to support behaviour change in students involved in bullying behaviours, including method of shared concern and other restorative techniques specific strategies to prevent and respond to online bullying (or cyberbullying).
The conference and workshops are free for all delegates, and travel and accommodation will be covered for delegates who live more than 100 kms from the event venue. However, teacher release time will need to be covered by each school.
Each event will be registered for professional development hours on MyPL.
We expect there will be a high demand for places. Therefore, we are starting with an expression of interest. Please use this link to register your interest: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018Anti-bullyingevents
Please note, staff attending these events are asked to prepare a poster presentation on whole-school initiatives to prevent and address student bullying behaviours. These will be displayed across the conference and workshop venues. Delegates at all events will be expected to present learnings back to their school and where possible, with other schools.
Successful delegates will be notified by 1 October 2018 and the notification will include information about requirements for the ‘poster presentation’.
Download the poster instructions and template here (PPTX 4363.04KB).
Please note: while presentation order may change, the speakers are set.